Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My sweet boy!


I love that Wake is so friendly to everyone! He is not a shy boy, to say the least, and he will strike up a conversation with just about anyone. Yesterday we were in line and the Red Box machine. In front of us was a guy who looked to be late teens or early twenties, with some obvious physical and mental disabilities. Wake was singing the "Dora the Explorer" song, a show which he is forced to watch in the car because his little brother likes it. He claims he hates this show, but he watches it none the less and if he doesn't think I'm paying attention, he'll actually answer Dora's "stupid questions for babies!!" This guy starts talking to Wake about Dora. He said that he likes to watch Dora and he thinks it's helping him to learn Spanish, which he needs to know because a lot of his friends know Spanish. Wake doesn't even blink or look back at me to make sure it's OK, he just starts talking to him. He tells him that it is a good way to learn Spanish and starts asking the guy what Spanish words he knows. They talked for a good 10 minutes, just laughing and obviously enjoying each other's company. This guy is three times bigger than Wake and is a little scary looking. He's got saliva running down both sides of his mouth and a really bad studder. A couple of times Wake has a hard time understanding him and says, "Huh?" and the guy repeats himself and they just keep talking. Jonas, my 9 year old, keeps looking at me like, "What the heck is Wake doing." The guy has his turn at the Red Box and Wake helps talk him into a Sponge Bob Square Pants DVD that he says is "Awesome." and the guy leaves with a "See ya!" Wake turns to me and says, "Nice guy." That's it! Never a "What's wrong with him" or anything. My precious boy! He gives me faith! Only God could create such a sweet, pure heart. I am so blessed to have him in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment